Our Founder and CEO, Jack Newton, is speaking at Startup Grind Vancouver on August 7, 2013. He founded Clio in 2007 with Rian Gauvreau with a goal of simplifying project management, time & billing and client collaboration for lawyers and other professionals. Over the course of the last 5 years Clio has transitioned from an idea to one of Canada’s fastest-growing companies, with tens of thousands of paying users, over 80 full-time employees, and millions of dollars of revenues.
Jack will be on hand to discuss:
- the challenges of growing a startup from one to tens of thousands of users
- growing Clio’s team from 2 to 60+ full-time employees
- the funding process Clio has gone through, from Friends & Family investment to large VCs
- the benefits – and challenges – of building a startup in Vancouver vs. Silicon Valley
- and anything else you’d like to ask him!