Contest Binding Agreement
To enter the contest, you must agree to these Official Rules. Therefore, please read the following rules prior to entry to ensure you understand and agree. You agree that submission of an entry in the contest constitutes agreement to these rules. You may not submit an entry to the contest and are not eligible to receive the prizes described in the official rules, unless you agree to the official rules. These official rules form a binding legal agreement between you and the contest sponsors with respect to the contest.
Entries can be submitted beginning February 26, 2020, and will close at 2:00 p.m. on February 29, 2020. The contest draw will take place on February 29, 2020, and a winner will be announced on March 1, 2020.
1. Entrants are restricted to paid attendees of the 2020 ABA TECHSHOW conference. Entrants must be 21 years old and over during the contest period and must be a resident of the United States of America or Canada in order to be eligible for the Clio Scavenger Hunt contest. Entrants who reside in Guam, Virgin Islands, Panama or in an Unincorporated organized U.S. territory or an Unincorporated unorganized U.S. territory outside the continental United States of America are not eligible for the Clio Scavenger Hunt contest.
2. Employees of Clio and Clio Cloud Conference corporate sponsors are not eligible for entry into the Clio Scavenger Hunt contest. Family and friends of Clio employees as well as family and friends of the Clio Cloud Conference corporate sponsors and contest sponsors are not eligible for entry into the Scavenger Hunt contest.
How to Enter
Entrants must complete all activities listed on their entry card during the contest period to be eligible to enter the contest. Completed entry cards must include complete contact information for the entry to be eligible to win the contest.
Contest entries will be tracked and tabulated by Themis Solution Inc. (Clio). Should any discrepancies arise in the number of entries, Clio’s records will be used as the final and accurate representation of total entries by entrant.
The contest sponsor (Themis Solutions Inc.) is not responsible for lost, late or misdirected entries; printing errors; server unavailability; or computer or any other electronic or telecommunications malfunction.
Entries or entrants can be deemed ineligible by Themis Solutions Inc. upon its sole discretion without prior notification.
1 Winner for the Clio Scavenger Hunt contest will be determined through a random draw. The winner will be announced no later than March 1, 2020. In order to redeem the contest prize, the winner must provide identification as well as their name, name on passport, birth date, email, current address, as well as any other information required.
The contest prize is limited to the following items and will not exceed a total value of $1500.00USD including applicable federal, state/provincial, and municipal taxes and duties.
Prize Includes and is limited to:
- Cost of round-trip economy airfare ticket to San Diego, CA for two people for domestic flights within Canada and the United States.
- Accommodation for 3 nights (October. 14-16, 2020) at the conference hotel*
- One free admission to the Clio Cloud Conference (October. 15-16, 2020)
Prize is not redeemable for cash and cannot be transferred or sold for cash value. In the event that the winner cannot attend the event, a secondary random draw will take place to determine a winner.
Registrants that have already registered for the 2020 Clio Cloud Conference will be reimbursed in the amount paid for 1 (One) purchased ticket. If flight and accommodations have already been booked, the winner will be reimbursed for two round-trip flights to San Diego, CA and accommodation expenses for the Clio Cloud Conference on the dates of the conference only and up to a maximum of $1500.00USD.
*Hotel accommodations will be limited to the conference hotel in San Diego, CA and cannot be transferred or redeemed as cash value for another Hotel or boarding.
Forfeiture of Prize
Prize may be forfeited should it come to be known that an entrant is ineligible for this contest as governed by the eligibility rules outlined in the Clio Cloud Conference Official Contest Rules and Regulations. Fraudulent entries (for example setting up multiple social media accounts under different names or identities) will result in forfeiture of prize (see section Additional Rules).
Should a winner be required to forfeit the contest prize, a new random draw will take place on April 1, 2020 to determine a new winner.
In the event that a winner cannot be reached within 24 hours of the draw on February 29, 2020, the winner will automatically forfeit their prize and a new winner will be determined through random draw.
Winners will be notified by email or phone.
Winners must provide verification of their identity in order to claim the prize. Themis Solutions Inc. reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
By participating in the contest, each participant and winner waives any and all claims of liability against Themis Solutions Inc., and their employees and agents, their respective employees and agents, for any personal injury or loss that may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the contest, or from the use of any prize.
By claiming the prize, the winner authorizes the use, without additional compensation, of his or her name and/or likeness and/or voice/photograph and municipality of residence for promotion and/or advertising purposes in any manner and in any medium (including, without limitation, radio broadcasts; newspapers and other publications; television or film releases; slides; videotape; distribution over the Internet; and picture data storage) the contest sponsors may deem appropriate.
1. The conduct of the Clio Scavenger Hunt contest is governed by the applicable laws of the United States of America and Canada as well as any federal, state/provincial, or municipal laws which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein.
2. Themis Solutions Inc. is not liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information.
3. By participating in the contest, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of Themis Solutions Inc. personnel. Themis Solutions Inc. reserves the right to disqualify any participant or winner and may refuse to award any prize to a person who is ineligible or has violated any rule, gained unfair advantage in participating in the contest, or obtained winner status using fraudulent means. The contest sponsors will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the contest and contest sponsor decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the contest is affected by human error, any mechanical, technical, electronic, communications, telephone, computer, hardware or software errors, malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of the contest sponsors, the contest sponsors reserve the right to terminate this contest, or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as the contest sponsors deem appropriate. All decisions will be made by the contest sponsors and are final. The contest sponsors may waive any of these rules in their sole discretion.
4. The contest sponsors reserve the right to withdraw or terminate this contest at any time without prior notice.
Intellectual Property Rights
1. By entering this contest, participants authorize the use, without additional compensation, of his or her name and/or likeness and/or voice/photograph and municipality of residence for promotion and/or advertising purposes in any manner and in any medium (including, without limitation, radio broadcasts; newspapers and other publications; television or film releases; slides; videotape; distribution over the Internet; and picture data storage) the contest sponsors may deem appropriate for the purposes of promoting this contest.
2. By submitting an entry, entrants thereby represent and warrant that the submitted work or information does not and shall not infringe on any copyright, any rights of privacy or publicity of any person, or any other right of any third party, and the entrants the right to grant any and all rights and licenses granted to the contest sponsors herein, including but not limited to, all necessary rights under copyright, free and clear of any claims or encumbrances.
Waiver of Liability and Agreement to Indemnify
By submitting an entry or by registering for the Clio Cloud Conference during the contest period, each entrant, its, his, her or their heirs, successors and assigns (“entrant”) thereby releases, forever discharges and covenants not to make a claim against or sue Themis Solutions Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates, licensees, employees, officers, directors, representatives, successors and assigns (“Clio Scavenger Hunt contest”), of and from all manner of action or actions, cause or causes of action, at law or in equity, suits, claims, demands, liability, loss, cost or expense, of any nature whatsoever, known or unknown, fixed or contingent, which entrant may have or hereafter have against the Clio Scavenger Hunt contest by reason of any injuries or damages the entrant may sustain, whether to entrant’s person, property, reputation, or otherwise, as a result of, incident to, or related in any way to the entry, the contest, or the use, incorporation or exploitation of the entry for any purpose described herein. Entrant waives and forego the right to seek injunctive relief against anyone relating in any way to the entry, the contest, or the use, incorporation, or exploitation of the materials for any purpose described herein. Entrant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Clio Scavenger Hunt contest from and against any liabilities, losses, claims, demands, costs (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees) and expenses arising in connection with any breach or alleged breach by me of any representation made in the entry or by virtue of submitting the entry.