Our customers do amazing things, and the annual Reisman Awards—named after Clio’s first customer—recognize extraordinary Clio customers for displaying excellence in their fields and making an impact in their communities.
Past Reisman Award winners have achieved incredible firm growth, delivered innovative legal experiences, broken down industry barriers, improved the experience for their clients, and provided powerful advocacy for vulnerable populations. From now until March 15, 2023, you can nominate your firm or another firm for one or more of the categories listed below.
Do you dare to do things differently? Tell us about how you use technology, how you serve clients, or how you address niche markets in unique ways.
Best New Law Firm
If you started a new law firm over the past year—whether you’re a fresh-faced law grad or a bold BigLaw defector—we want to hear about your success.
From volunteering to pro bono work, mentorship, and philanthropy, giving back can take many forms. Let us know the ways you make your community better.
Best Growth Story
We’re no stranger to growth, but our favorite stories are yours—and this is your chance to boast. Tell us how you’ve been successful with Clio. (Bonus points if you have data to back it up!)
Excellence in Client Service
Legal’s present and future belongs to firms that put client service at the heart of all that they do. Tell us what makes your firm a client-centered law firm, and how you provide exceptional client experiences.
Diversity & Inclusion
Open to legal professionals that demonstrate a commitment to improving diversity and inclusion among marginalized communities in the legal profession. Learn more.
This award celebrates law firms who embody Clio’s mission of transforming the practice of law, for good. Nominees for this award will be hand-picked by our panel of judges and voted on by the legal community.
Winners will also receive:
- A 2023 Clio Cloud Conference prize package, including:
- Two VIP conference passes, including access to special networking events
- A complimentary standard hotel room at the Gaylord Opryland Resort and Convention Center in Nashville for the duration of the conference
- Complimentary return airfare for one to Nashville from anywhere within the contiguous United States (or equivalent)
- Recognition on stage as part of the Reisman Awards ceremony
- A 2023 Reisman Award trophy
- A professionally produced video showcasing your law firm’s story
- A website badge, social media promotion, and press release inclusion to promote your achievement
All finalists—three per category—will receive:
- A discounted pass to the 2023 Clio Cloud Conference, held October 9-10 in Nashville, TN
- A chance to be showcased in one of our customer success stories (great for marketing your firm to clients).
- Exclusive assets you can use on your firm’s website, social media, and other marketing materials.
- A 2023 Clio Cloud Conference prize package, including:
What makes a winning entry?
Submissions will be evaluated based on:
- The compelling nature of the firm’s story
- How well the firm documents its results
- The firm’s relevance to the award category
- How the firm uses Clio to achieve its goals
I submitted last year. Can I submit again?
Absolutely! The great thing about stories is that they get better over time. We want to keep in touch, and to learn about what’s new and exciting at your firm. So, please, keep those submissions coming.
Why are they called the Reismans?
Clio’s first customer, Catherine Reisman, was our inspiration for delivering an exceptional software platform to meet the needs of all legal professionals. As Catherine continues to inspire everything we do at Clio, we want to highlight some of the amazing achievements we see every day from our customers.
Is there a fee to submit to the Reisman Awards?
No! Submitting to the Reisman Awards is completely free. Simply complete the submission form below.
Does my submission have to contain information from the past year only?
No! Feel free to use examples from beyond last year to illustrate your firm’s story. We want the full picture—if that means going back to what first inspired you to become a lawyer, by all means, dig deep. We can’t wait to hear about it.
How are the winners chosen?
Each submission will be evaluated by our panel of judges on how well it meets submission criteria. The only exception is the Legal Impact Award, which is brand new this year and will involve public voting—bringing Clio’s customer community into the Reisman selection process for the first time.
Why does Clio offer a customer recognition program?
From the very beginning, we have taken inspiration from our customers and the incredible things you do. From creating Clio to starting the Clio Cloud Conference, our goal has always been to help our customers succeed—because your success is our success. We started this awards program to hear and recognize your stories—and to share your accomplishments with the wider legal community.
What is the Diversity & Inclusion Award?
The Diversity & Inclusion Award is open to legal professionals and law firms that demonstrate a commitment to improving diversity and inclusion among marginalized communities in the legal profession. These communities might include members of historically or currently disadvantaged groups (including those from ethnic, racial, religious, or socioeconomic backgrounds that face discrimination or economic or social disadvantage), women, people with disabilities, vulnerable and at-risk populations, members of the 2SLGBTQIA+ community, and other minorities and underrepresented groups.
I have more questions—whom should I contact?