Stay on top of your legal matter from one place.
Communications, documents, and more are organised by legal matter and are accessible when you need them. Get notified when something needs your review. No more digging through emails, texts, and missed calls to find what you need from your lawyer.
Communicate privately with your lawyer.
Securely send messages and documents to your lawyer from your browser or mobile with Clio for Clients. Your lawyer will send you a link to the client portal. Then, simply log in with your email address to get started.
- When your law firm emails you an invite to the portal, click the ‘Open secure portal’ button. If you’re on a mobile device, tap ‘Download Clio for Clients’ to open your device’s App Store.
- Once in the portal, enter the email address (ensure that it is the same as the one you provided to your lawyer or law firm).
- You will receive a new email from Clio to confirm your email address.
- After confirming your email, you can log in to the portal and review any documents, folders, or messages that your lawyer has shared with you.
Do I need to pay to use Clio for Clients?
No, you can access Clio for Clients on the web for free. Alternatively, you can download the Clio for Clients app for free from the iOS App Store and Google Play Store.
Which devices support Clio for Clients?
Clio for Clients is available on iOS (iOS 11+) and Android (OS 8.0+) devices, or from a web browser on any device connected to the internet.
Please note that Clio for Clients is accessible on the latest two versions of the following browsers: Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Apple Safari, and Mozilla Firefox. Clio for Clients is not accessible on Internet Explorer 11.
What should I do if I encounter a problem or have a question about Clio for Clients?
Select ‘Help’ from the dropdown menu at the top right corner of the application to visit our support centre, send feedback, or contact our support team. If accessing Clio for Clients from a web browser, you can also click the Help button at the bottom-right corner of the page.
To contact Clio’s support team directly, call freephone +44 (0)800-433-2546, 24/5 from Monday to Friday.
How do I send a document to my lawyer using the mobile app?
- From your My case screen, tap ‘Send document’.
- You can choose to scan a document, take a new photo, or select a photo or file saved on your phone.
- If you wish to scan a document, tap ‘Scan document’ and then follow these steps below. Note that for iOS users, this feature is only available for iOS 13 and higher:
- Position your document in the camera view and take a picture of it. If your document has multiple pages, start with the first page.
- You can edit the image by dragging the corners to crop it or selecting a filter (Colour, B&W, etc.)
- Continue to scan each page and then tap ‘Done’ once complete.
- Now name your document and choose a folder to save it to. The document will be saved as a single PDF file.
- To send the document to your lawyer, click ‘Send’.
How do I message my lawyer?
From the ‘My case’ screen, click ‘Message’ below your lawyer’s name.
How do I set up a Clio for Clients privacy lock?
If you are using the Clio for Clients app on an iOS device, you can set up a privacy lock using Face ID or Touch ID. If you are using an Android device, you can set up a privacy lock with your fingerprint.
To set up a privacy lock simply:
- Go to the ‘My case’ screen and click the ⚙ icon in the upper right corner to access your settings.
- Tap ‘Set up privacy lock’ with Face ID, Touch ID, or using your fingerprint.
- You may be prompted to allow Clio for Clients to use Face ID, Touch ID, or your fingerprint. If this occurs, tap ‘OK’.
What if I have multiple cases on Clio for Clients?
If you are using the Clio for Clients mobile app and you have more than one case that has resources shared with you, either from the same law firm or a different one, you will see a briefcase icon in the top-right hand corner of the ‘My case’ screen. By tapping on the briefcase, you can navigate through a list of all your cases.
If you are accessing Clio for Clients from a web browser, click the dropdown menu and then select ‘Switch case’.
Why am I seeing an error saying the link has expired when I try to access Clio for Clients for the first time?
For security purposes, the link in the confirmation email will expire after one hour. To resend the link, open the Clio for Clients app and tap ‘Resend email’ or sign back into Clio for Clients from a web browser.