Stay on top of your case from one place.
Communications, documents, and more are organized by case and accessible when you need it. Get notified when something needs your review. No more digging through emails, texts, and missed calls.
Communicate privately with your lawyer.
Sign up easily via a link sent by your lawyer, and login using Face ID, Touch ID, or your fingerprint. From there, you can securely send messages and documents to your lawyer.
- From your mobile device, tap the Download Clio for Clients button in the invite email sent by your lawyer.
- You’ll be taken to your device’s App Store, where you can download the Clio for Clients app.
- Open the app and enter the email address you provided to your lawyer.
- Once done, you will receive a new email from Clio to confirm your email address.
- Once your email is confirmed, you can login to the app and review any documents, folders, or messages your lawyer has shared with you.
Do I need to pay to use Clio for Clients?
No, the Clio for Clients app is available to download for free in the iOS App Store and Google Play Store.
Which devices support Clio for Clients?
Clio for Clients is available on iOS (iOS 11+) and Android (OS 8.0+) devices.
Clio for Clients is not currently available on desktop. If you do not have access to a device that supports Clio for Clients, or prefer desktop, please ask your lawyer to use Clio Connect with you. Clio Connect is a desktop-based portal for sharing resources and messages.
What should I do if I encounter a problem or have a question about Clio for Clients?
Within the app navigate to Settings then click Get help for this app. Or, call Clio’s support team directly at 1-888-858-2546 (toll free) Monday-Friday from 12am to 11:59pm.
How do I send a document to my lawyer?
- From your My case screen, tap Send document.
- You can choose to scan a document, take a new photo, or select a photo or file saved on your phone.
- If you wish to scan a document, tap Scan document then follow these steps below. Note that for iOS users, this feature is only available on devices on iOS 13 or higher:
- Position your document in the camera view and take a picture of it. If your document is multiple pages, start with the first page.
- Edit your image if needed by dragging the corners to crop it, and selecting the desired filter (Color, B&W, etc.)
- Continue to scan each page, then tap Done once complete.
- You can now name your document, and choose a destination folder to save the document.
- Click Send to send the document to your lawyer. They will be notified that you have sent a document and they will receive the document as a single PDF file.
How do I message my lawyer?
From your My case screen, click Message below your lawyer’s name.
How do I set up a Clio for Clients privacy lock?
If you are using an iOS device, you can set up a privacy lock using Face ID or Touch ID in Clio for Clients. If you are using an Android device, you can set up a privacy lock with your fingerprint.
To set up a privacy lock simply:
- Go to your My case screen and click the ⚙️ icon in the upper right to access your settings.
- Tap Set up privacy lock with Face ID, Touch ID, or using your fingerprint.
- You may be prompted to allow Clio for Clients to use Face ID, Touch ID, or your fingerprint. If this occurs, tap OK.
What if I have multiple cases on Clio for Clients?
If you have more than one case that has resources shared with you — either from the same law firm or a different one — you will see a briefcase icon in the top-right hand corner of the My Case screen. By tapping on the briefcase, you can navigate through a list of all your cases.
Why am I seeing an error saying the link has expired when I try to access Clio for Clients for the first time?
For added security, the link emailed to you to confirm your email address expires after 1 hour. To have a new link emailed to you, reopen the Clio for Clients app and tap Resend email.