Learn how automation can help you quickly draft up documents with fewer errors and inefficiencies compared to the traditional drafting process.
Automation can be a powerful tool for saving time and reducing errors when it comes to how law firms create and deal with documents. In this session, the panel will walk you through the necessary steps to build out a minimum viable document automation project by discussing the following:
- How to put together thorough templates and structure questions so that they resonate with the client
- What tools to consider to build out your workflows
- How to maintain and update your established workflows
- How to establish a succession plan—to ensure consistent client experiences.
- Hosted by Rio Peterson, Affinity Partnerships Manager at Clio, featuring Dorna Moini, CEO of Documate, Blaine Korte, CEO of Fidu Legal, and Tucker Cottingham, Co-founder, CEO of Lawyaw
- Duration: 60-minute panel discussion
- Attendees will have the chance to win a Clio Cloud Conference watch party package, featuring passes and gift boxes for you plus 4 friends
- This session is part of a series: How to Automate Your Law Firm
Watch the Recording
Dorna Moini is the CEO of Documate, a no-code platform for building document automation and client-facing legal apps, which integrates seamlessly with Clio. Prior to starting Documate, Dorna was a litigator at Sidley Austin. There, in her pro bono practice, she worked with legal aid organizations to build a web application for domestic violence survivors to complete and file their paperwork, which led to the idea for Documate.
Dorna is on the Legal Services Corporation (LSC) Emerging Leaders Council and a member of the Legal Aid Foundation of Los Angeles (LAFLA)’s Advisory Board. She was named an ABA Legal Rebel and a Fastcase 50 honoree. She also teaches the Legal Innovations Lab at USC Law School.
Blaine is the CEO and co-founder of Fidu, a platform to elevate client services and deliver continuous value without continuous hours. With Fidu, legal professionals design a customized client dashboard for delivering services, communicating with clients, and leveraging their knowledge – all at scale.
Blaine has over 15 years experience delivering technology solutions, including a highly successful access to justice application to help local residents navigate the process and documents in a family law matter. Blaine’s on a mission to help legal professionals rethink business models, help more customers, and grow their businesses.
Tucker Cottingham, Esq.
Tucker is an attorney and the founder of Lawyaw, a modern legal document automation solution trusted by small and medium-size law firms across North America. Before Lawyaw, Tucker helped build and manage one of the top-rated transactional law firms in San Francisco and is currently on the board of the American Bar Association’s Legal Technology Resource Center.
Affinity Partnerships Manager
Rio Peterson is the Affinity Partnerships Manager at Clio. She initially joined Clio in 2017 as a member of Clio’s award-winning Customer Support team and gained an in-depth knowledge of Clio’s products and customers. Now, Rio works to build flourishing relationships with legal associations across the United States and Canada, and she works passionately to educate lawyers on the importance of using data to build better practices and drive the legal industry forward.