Any discussion of the technological tools that legal professionals and clients are increasingly using—especially during the coronavirus crisis—starts with Zoom. The video conferencing app has become almost ubiquitous since the pandemic began, and many lawyers naturally have concerns about privacy and security risks for new technologies like it. In this episode, John Grant and Simon Boehme answer questions about Zoom and tech tools in legal.
John, “The Agile” Attorney, helps lawyers streamline their practices with technology, and Simon, a tech entrepreneur, is helping to modernize the field of dispute resolution and mediation. Today, they talk to Jack Newton about:
- The primary concerns legal professionals have about Zoom
- How Zoom has addressed those concerns
- Why Zoom is safe if used correctly—and best practices for doing so
- The importance of technological competence for law firms
- How law firms should go about evaluating new technological tools