With the coronavirus crisis and the death of George Floyd, then-New York State Bar Association (NYSBA) President Hank Greenberg was at the front lines of what he calls a “tipping point” for the American justice system. In this powerful 50th episode of Daily Matters, Hank talks frankly about the need for legal to finally address systemic inequities—not only in policing, but also in access to justice.
During a riveting and important conversation, Hank and Clio CEO Jack Newton discuss:
- The killings of George Floyd and Ahmaud Arbery, and the dire need for change
- What the legal system must do to provide adequate access to justice
- How COVID-19 changed the legal system, in many ways for the better
- How the NYSBA, Clio, and Paladin teamed up to provide pro bono services during the coronavirus crisis
- What a more just system would look like