Learn why budget allocation is so vital for your firm’s financial health—and what you should prioritize when forecasting it
Creating a law firm budget and getting your finances in order are critical to the success of your practice. A budget doesn’t just set your expectations for cash flow and expenses—it also helps you determine if you are meeting your goals or if you need to adjust your business plan to improve your firm’s performance.
This session will cover the fundamentals of setting the right financial goals at your firm, and will help you learn more about:
- The benefits of using budgeting as a planning tool to grow your business
- Considerations when building a budget—including potential law firm expenses, how to project your revenue, and documenting and tracking spending
- Financial planning and budgeting tools to help increase efficiency
- This session is part of a series—Building a Successful Law Firm—intended for legal professionals looking to start or grow their practice
- Hosted by Joshua Lenon, Lawyer in Residence at Clio, featuring Erin O’Rourke, Founder of Erin O’Rourke Law, and Amy Grubb, Lawyer & Legal Consultant at Grubb Legal Consulting
- Duration: 60 minutes (40 minutes of panel discussion + 20 minutes of Q&A)
P.S. This is the third session in the series Building a Successful Law Firm, you can catch up on previous installments here.
Watch the Recording
Erin O'Rourke Law
Erin is a lifelong advocate of improving access to justice and prides herself on providing fair and competent legal advice. She has built her practice around authentic and affordable legal services and focuses on employment, immigration, litigation and tenancy matters. Her belief in self-improvement and her love for the great outdoors brings a compassionate and human touch to the way she helps clients with their legal needs.
Law Practice Advisor
Grubb Legal Consulting
Amy Grubb practiced in Big Law for nearly a decade before going solo. Amy now helps other lawyers launch and build their practices, through 1:1 coaching and consulting. She is a Clio Certified Consultant and helps lawyers choose the appropriate software to build efficient practices, hire help, create a customized business development strategy and use LinkedIn to its full advantage. Her goal is to help lawyers build a profitable and enjoyable practice. She can be reached at [email protected]
Lawyer in Residence
Joshua Lenon is the Lawyer in Residence at Clio. An attorney admitted to the New York Bar, Joshua brings legal scholarship to the conversations happening both within Clio and with its customers. Joshua has worked extensively to educate lawyers on technology’s capability to enhance their practice, while also teaching tech companies about the unique needs of the legal system.