Discover what components of your firm will benefit the most from automation technologies—and how to plan for implementation.
Automation can benefit almost every aspect of your firm—however, with so many tech solutions to choose from, it can be difficult to pin down what should be a priority and what will work best for your firm.
This opening session will help you identify which components of your firm automation plan you should focus on first—because proper scoping and planning for an automation project are crucial to its success. In this session, we will:
- Discuss how you can scope an automation project by identifying high-volume, rules-based work in your law firm
- Help you rank opportunities within your firm by considering the difficulty of the project and the substantive area of law
- Show you how to map out your minimum viable product (MVP), so you can rapidly launch and iterate
- Hosted by Rio Peterson, Affinity Partnerships Manager at Clio, featuring Dorna Moini, CEO of Documate, and Blaine Korte, CEO of Fidu Legal
- Duration: 60-minute panel discussion
- Attendees will have the chance to win a Clio Cloud Conference watch party package, featuring passes and gift boxes for you plus 4 friends
- This session is part of a series: How to Automate Your Law Firm
Watch the Recording
Dorna Moini is the CEO of Documate, a no-code platform for building document automation and client-facing legal apps, which integrates seamlessly with Clio. Prior to starting Documate, Dorna was a litigator at Sidley Austin. There, in her pro bono practice, she worked with legal aid organizations to build a web application for domestic violence survivors to complete and file their paperwork, which led to the idea for Documate.
Dorna is on the Legal Services Corporation (LSC) Emerging Leaders Council and a member of the Legal Aid Foundation of Los Angeles (LAFLA)’s Advisory Board. She was named an ABA Legal Rebel and a Fastcase 50 honoree. She also teaches the Legal Innovations Lab at USC Law School.
Blaine is the CEO and co-founder of Fidu, a platform to elevate client services and deliver continuous value without continuous hours. With Fidu, legal professionals design a customized client dashboard for delivering services, communicating with clients, and leveraging their knowledge – all at scale.
Blaine has over 15 years experience delivering technology solutions, including a highly successful access to justice application to help local residents navigate the process and documents in a family law matter. Blaine’s on a mission to help legal professionals rethink business models, help more customers, and grow their businesses.
Affinity Partnerships Manager
Rio Peterson is the Affinity Partnerships Manager at Clio. She initially joined Clio in 2017 as a member of Clio’s award-winning Customer Support team and gained an in-depth knowledge of Clio’s products and customers. Now, Rio works to build flourishing relationships with legal associations across the United States and Canada, and she works passionately to educate lawyers on the importance of using data to build better practices and drive the legal industry forward.