A free guide to issues, legal positions, and approaches for UK and European law firms.
More firms than ever are making the switch to cloud-based solutions to store their data. Along with many advantages, this drops legal professionals into the often confusing realm of data residency requirements.
In this paper, Peter Wright draws on his vast experience as Managing Director of DigitalLawUK, to examine data residency and how it applies to legal professionals in the UK and Europe. You will learn about:
- The various types of data residency issues which may arise
- The impact data residency has on UK and European law firms
- The current legal positions on data residency
- The types of data residency breaches and their consequences
- The recommended approaches to deal with data residency