2018 is nearly over, and, at Clio, that means we’re wrapping up another year of advancing legal tech and working with legal professionals like you on transforming the practice of law, for good.
It’s a privilege to serve a group of professionals who make such a big difference for so many in our society. Here’s a look at just some of what you’ve accomplished this year:
We’re so happy to have shared the past year with you. Here’s our year in review at Clio:
Acquisition of Lexicata and introduction of Clio Grow
At this year’s Clio Cloud Conference, we were excited to announce Clio’s acquisition of Lexicata, the leading provider of client intake and client relationship management (CRM). As part of Clio’s suite of products, Lexicata will evolve into the more advanced Clio Grow, launching early 2019. (Learn more here.)
For today’s law firm, taking a client-centered approach is becoming critical for staying competitive and profitable, and we’re committed to working hard to ensure law firms have what they need to provide an excellent experience from (before) intake to invoice.
Faster document editing, payment plans, and more
For your firm to run smoothly, you need intuitive tools that help you optimize time-consuming administrative processes. With the right additions, you can reduce time and energy spent on administrative tasks so that you can focus on what’s most impactful and important to you!
To that end, we’ve added a raft of new updates to Clio this year. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Clio Launcher. Clio Launcher is a new feature that allows you to open, edit, and save documents directly within Clio in just a few clicks—no downloading or uploading required.
- Clio Payments updates. This year, Clio introduced automated payment plans, enabling law firms to offer more flexible payment options to their clients with ease. The ability to create secure payment links was also added, allowing law firms to direct their clients to a secure page, via a link, where they can pay their bills online.
- New Outlook Add-in and new Gmail Add-on. Legal professionals now have access to new features and added capabilities with the email add-ins they already know and love.
You may like these posts
60 new integration partners
With lawyers and legal professionals turning to technology more and more to streamline day-to-day processes, you need a powerful central platform that connects the tools you use, and reduces room for error and duplicate data entry.
This year, we were pleased to add over 60 new integration partners to the Clio App Directory! Some of the new additions included:
Our biggest Clio Cloud Conference yet!
This year’s Clio Cloud Conference in New Orleans was attended by 1,500 of the most innovative and creative legal professionals out there! The conference featured incredible keynotes, actionable educational sessions, and a standout time in the world-class city of New Orleans! Here’s a taste of what it was like:
Release of the 3rd annual Legal Trends Report
For the third year in a row, we released data-driven insights to help law firms get a view into the state of the industry and how they can thrive. This year’s report was supported by surveys and in-depth analyses to offer key insight into emerging trends—answering questions about what makes clients choose and hire a lawyer.
Inaugural Launch//Code contest
This year’s conference featured our inaugural Launch//Code contest, aimed at finding the next great Clio integration. Five finalists from over 50 submissions were required to present a three-minute pitch to a panel of industry experts on the quality of their integration, level of innovation, and market impact.
- myFirmData: a custom reporting tool specifically designed for Clio
- Logikcull: cloud-based e-discovery software
- Your Firm App: law firm client management software
- Tali: conversational time-tracking software
- ClientSherpa: client intake automation and forms for law firms
Congratulations to the winner, Tali!
The 2nd annual 2018 Reisman Awards
Every year, we’re proud to recognize law firms demonstrating excellence on stage at the Clio Cloud Conference with the Reisman Awards.
Congratulations to this year’s winners:
- Legal Innovation: Modern Law
- Best New Law Firm: Morgan & Cumbas
- Community Champion: Dunkiel Saunders Elliott Raubvogel & Hand
- Best Growth Story: T.Burd Law Group
85 new Clions hired
Over the course of 2018, our team grew to over 350 Clions around the world (including new members of the Clio team from Lexicata!). We welcomed new members to our Product, Customer Success, Customer Support, Employee Experience, Finance, Marketing, and Sales teams, and we can’t wait to continue growing in 2019!
We’re looking for even more amazing people to join our teams in Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto, and Dublin to help us transform the practice of law, for good. Take a look at the roles that are open right now.
Awards and recognitions
A big part of what allows Clio to grow, innovate, and serve legal professionals around the world is our award-winning culture. We were honored to receive various awards and recognitions over 2018:
- Tech Culture of the Year, BC Tech Association at the Technology Impact Awards
- Most Innovative Customer Service, International Customer Management Institute (ICMI)
- One of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Deloitte
- One of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers, Mediacorp
- One of BC’s Top Employers, Canada’s Top 100 Employers
Over $6 million donated
Every year, Clio donates approximately $6 million in free Clio access to users at over 150 law schools, clinics, and other legal programs. Organizations like the California Innocence Project are changing lives with this support.
Clio’s 10th anniversary
Finally, 2018 was the year we celebrated our 10th anniversary! From two to 350 employees, and from a brand-new cloud-based program to the most widely used practice management platform in the world, it’s been quite a journey, and we’re thankful to have shared it with legal professionals like you.
That’s a wrap for Clio in 2018! Thanks again for sharing this year with us, and look out for more exciting announcements in 2019.
We published this blog post in December 2018. Last updated: .
Categorized in: Clio