This year’s standout finalists apply powerful AI to tedious litigation tasks, automate client communication, mature reporting, automate legal workflows and processes, and streamline discovery
Today, Clio, the world’s leading provider of cloud-based legal technology, has announced the six 2022 Launch//Code Developer Contest finalists who will compete for the $100,000 grand prize at the 10th annual Clio Cloud Conference, happening this year at the Gaylord Opry Resort and Convention Center in Nashville, Tennessee from October 10-11.
Each finalist developed an app that pairs with Clio Manage’s robust end-to-end solution to help better meet the unique needs of individual law firms or niche requirements of specific practice areas.
The 2022 Launch//Code finalists include:
Best New Apps
- Clearbrief*: A patented AI platform for Microsoft Word that allows users to check their written work and save an average of seven hours per week on tedious litigation tasks. With Clearbrief, Clio customers can apply powerful AI technology to any document to automatically make the text searchable and, using Clearbrief’s “Add Cite” functionality, directly access and cite relevant documents in Microsoft Word.
- Milestones: A communication portal that automatically updates clients on the status of their matter, ensuring law firms can deliver a better client experience. When a legal professional completes a task within a matter in Clio, Milestones automatically sends an update to the client –– without ever having to leave the day-to-day workflow of Clio.
- Vxt*: A cloud-based communication platform featuring phone calling, video meetings, internal chat, synchronized contacts, call recording and transcriptions, and more. By integrating with Clio, Vxt enables law firms to seamlessly sync their contacts, save calls and associated notes directly to matters, and automatically capture billable hours from phone calls’ time recordings.
Most Improved Apps
- Legalboards: A visual workflow automation platform that helps legal practitioners create and organize repeatable processes to reduce the time spent on orchestrating tasks along a case’s lifetime. Through its integration with Clio, Legalboards streamlines time tracking and organizing tasks, and improves the client experience by also automating things like email updates and communicating with clients.
- myFirmData*: A customized reporting tool that allows users analyze their Clio data and better understand a variety of metrics including financial trends, productivity, and much more. The new features of myFirmData’s integration with Clio ensure firms can quickly and easily jump from a report to the source data in Clio, as well as provide new insights into firm operations.
- Discovery Genie: eDiscovery software that lawyers and paralegals can learn to use in less than an hour, increasing access to justice by reducing the most expensive part of litigation: discovery and disclosure. By adding new features that address the way many solo and small law firms handle document production, Discovery Genie gives users greater flexibility, especially in making it easier for Clio users to automate document production.
*subject to verification
Finalists will present a seven-minute pitch on their app’s innovation, impact, and business potential to an all-star panel of industry experts where one will be named the winner during the Closing Keynote. Those interested in attending the conference are encouraged to get their passes at cliocloudconference.com.
Juliet Mafua, Senior Public Relations Specialist