Learn how to avoid burnout and reach your personal and professional goals as an associate.
In this workshop, we will discuss strategies to overcome the unique obstacles and pressures that associate lawyers face in their fast-paced and challenging role. The session will cover topics like:
- How certain things we learned in law school are antithetical to our current wellness
- Creating boundaries to prevent burnout
- How practicing self compassion can revitalize you professionally and personally
- The importance of a growth mindset for reaching your career goals
- How technology can give you more freedom—if you know how (and when) to turn it off
- Duration: 60 minutes, consisting of an interactive discussion and breakout room activities for attendees to network, discuss, and learn from one another
- Facilitated by Nefra MacDonald, Affinity Partnerships Manager at Clio, and Dr. Robert Goldman, Chief Psychologist and Co-CEO at TLC Virtual Resiliency
- This session is part of our workshop series developed with TLC Virtual Resiliency: Building a Balanced and Successful Legal Career
- Note: You must have the most updated version of Zoom to participate
Watch the Recording
Dr. Robert Goldman, JD, PsyD
Chief Psychologist and Co-CEO
TLC Virtual Resiliency
Dr. Robert Goldman is a licensed psychologist and attorney with over 18 years of experience in combining law and psychology. Upon beginning his law practice, Dr. Goldman was appointed to the Law Guardian Panel which inspired him to receive his Doctorate in School & Community Psychology from Hofstra University in order to help children.
Dr. Goldman worked as the Supervising Psychologist for the Suffolk County Probation Department and Suffolk County Mental Hygiene Services where he conducted court evaluations, and provided treatment. Dr. Goldman has also lectured nationally on topics ranging from Restorative Justice, Educational Law, Forensic Evaluations and the Treatment of Anxiety and Depression among teens and adults. Dr. Goldman is also an author and has been published in the Albany Law Review and the New York Law Journal.
Dr. Goldman is a member of the American Psychological Association, Suffolk County Criminal Bar Association and the Suffolk County Bar Association. He is also the co-chair of the Neuroscience and Law Committee, and an adjunct professor at Hofstra University and St. Joseph’s College teaching Restorative Justice and various Community Correction topics.
In the midst of COVID-19, Dr. Goldman created a virtual lawyers lounge that provided virtual support to help lawyers cope with their own challenges. This first virtual lawyers lounge led to the very beginning of TLC Virtual Resiliency.
Affinity Partnerships Manager
Nefra MacDonald is a legal technology and wellness speaker who, as the team lead of Affinity Partnerships at Clio, works with bar associations and other legal organizations to help lawyers succeed in their practices. Having worked in legal for over a decade, Nefra understands the pain points that affect legal professionals, and she uses her experience to help lawyers streamline processes and run a better business. A graduate of the University of Miami, Nefra is passionate about bringing a practical lens to each one of her presentations, so each attendee leaves with a takeaway that can improve their day-to-day. She has been a speaker at the Clio Cloud Conference, ABA TECHSHOW, and at many other legal conferences across North America.
This workshop was developed in partnership with TLC Virtual Resilency.
TLC Virtual Resiliency provides attorneys and support staff with a unique social support network and workshops designed to enhance resilience and coping, and reduce stress and burnout.