With the introduction of the Impact Award, this is the first year the public will be invited to vote for an outstanding law firm to be recognized for their innovative approaches to delivering legal service.
Vancouver, BC — Today marks the launch of Clio’s fourth-annual law firm awards. Named after the company’s first customer, Catherine Reisman, the Reisman Awards honor Clio customers making an impact in their communities and redefining the legal industry. With the launch, Clio also announced the Firm Impact Award, a new category that will be awarded based on public voting.
Following the addition of last year’s new category, Excellence in Client Service, the Reisman Awards have continued to see growing participation from the community, with firms asking for more ways to support those nominated.
“We are always blown away by the sheer amount the community is doing. We see so many stories and want to find more ways to recognize the amazing work our customers are doing,” said Jack Newton, CEO and Co-founder of Clio. “We have also heard how the larger community wants to be able to support those nominated. As such, we are introducing a new category this year, the Firm Impact Award, which will allow the general public to vote on some of the most impactful stories selected from each of five categories.”
The Reisman Awards recognize excellence in six categories, which include:
- Law Firm Innovation honors a practice that has successfully challenged industry norms, through technology, delivery of legal services, or meeting the needs of a non-traditional market.
- Best New Law Firm honors a newcomer who has weathered the trials of entrepreneurship and come out on top.
- Community Champion honors a firm that prioritizes giving back to their community, whether it be through pro bono work, donations, volunteering, mentorship, or another altruistic activity.
- Best Growth Story honors a firm that has experienced exceptional gains.
- Excellence in Client Service honors a firm going above and beyond to deliver exceptional client experiences.
- [NEW] Firm Impact honors firms that have had a substantial impact on the legal profession, as voted by their peers. Finalists for Firm Impact will be shortlisted from the other categories and put to the public for voting. This is the only category open to public voting.
Submissions will be judged based on several factors, including a compelling story, well-documented results, relevance to the category, and Clio’s role in their success. All finalists (three per category) will receive exclusive design assets that can be used for the winning firm’s marketing, a chance to be showcased in a feature story, and complimentary passes to the 2020 Clio Cloud Conference, the most exciting legal conference in the industry, held October 15 to 16 in San Diego. Winners also receive a Reisman trophy and recognition on stage in front of more than 2,000 Clio Cloud Conference attendees.
Reisman award submissions must be received no later than March 25 and are free to submit.
Clio, the leader in cloud-based legal technology, empowers lawyers to be both client-centered and firm focused through a suite of cloud-based solutions, including legal practice management, client intake and legal CRM software. Clio has been transforming the industry for over a decade with 150,000 customers spanning 100 countries, and the approval of over 66 bar associations and law societies globally. Clio continues to lead the industry with initiatives like the Legal Trends Report, the Clio Cloud Conference, and the Clio Academic Access Program. Clio has been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, a Deloitte Fast 50 and Fast 500 company. Learn more at clio.com.
For more information please contact:
Senior Manager, Brand and Communications