Seth Godin is one of the world’s most respected business and marketing visionaries. A member of the Marketing Hall of Fame, Seth is the author of 19 bestselling books, the creator of one of the world’s most popular blogs, and the founder of the altMBA and The Marketing Seminar, which have transformed thousands of lives. Seth is a Keynote Speaker at the 2020 Clio Cloud Conference, which starts virtually on October 13.
In this episode, Seth shares valuable insights about marketing, business, problem solving, and making things better. Specifically, Seth and Jack Newton discuss:
- Why the career highlights he values the most are his failures
- Why lawyers need to rethink what marketing is, and how to do it
- The importance of adopting a value-based mindset (as opposed to a time-based mindset)
- The competitive advantages of serving a specific market and prioritizing trust and connection
- How the COVID-19 pandemic has shifted society—and what you can do now to better position yourself for the future
Seth Godin is the author of 19 books that have been bestsellers around the world and have been translated into more than 35 languages. He’s also the founder of the altMBA and The Marketing Seminar, online workshops that have transformed the work of thousands of people.
He writes about the post-industrial revolution, the way ideas spread, marketing, quitting, leadership and most of all, changing everything. You might be familiar with his books Linchpin, Tribes, The Dip, and Purple Cow. His latest book, This Is Marketing, was an instant bestseller around the world.
In addition to his writing and speaking, Seth has founded several companies, including Yoyodyne and Squidoo. His blog (which you can find by typing “seth” into Google) is one of the most popular in the world.
In 2018, he was inducted into the Marketing Hall of Fame. More than 10,000 people have taken his powerful workshops, including altMBA and The Marketing Seminar.
You can follow Seth on Twitter at @ThisIsSethsBlog