Today’s guest is attorney, entrepreneur, speaker, and author Billie Tarascio, the recipient of the 2018 Reisman Award for Law Firm Innovation. With her law firm and legal businesses, Billie is driving positive change in the legal industry around Access to Justice and the incorporation of legal technology into law firm workflows.
Billie recently served on the task force that helped steer Arizona towards becoming the first U.S. state to formally allow non-lawyers to become co-owners of law firms and other legal service operations—a landmark decision that could have far-reaching implications.
In this episode, Billie and Clio CEO Jack Newton discuss:
- How Billie grew her law firm and built innovate legal businesses
- Why focusing on client intake is critical for law firm growth and sustainability
- How Modern Law Practice teaches lawyers to build better processes at their firms
- Why Arizona is opening up law firm ownership to non-lawyers, how this decision came to be, and what might happen as a result
- How the legal industry can create more accessible legal services, and what some of the shifts in the industry could look like
Billie is the owner of: Modern Law, a three time recognized winner of the fastest growing firms in America; Access Legal, a certified legal document preparation and legal technology company dedicated to increasing access to justice; and Modern Law Practice, her newest venture, a plug and play law firm model to maximize law firm growth using technology and best practices.
Billie is also a national speaker and author of the books Decode Your Divorce and Tiger Tactics: Powerful Strategies for Winning Law Firms. In 2018, Billie and Modern Law won the Reisman Award for Law Firm Innovation at the annual Clio Cloud Conference.
You can follow Billie on Twitter at @mymodernlaw